During the Covid-19 pandemic, Family-Therapy is offering TELEPHONE or VIDEO CONFERENCING or IN PERSON APPOINTMENTS for all our current and new clients. Only certain psychotherapists are offering in person sessions at this time. Please see our website for more details on which therapists are offering in person sessions.
We take your mental health and physical well-being seriously. Our therapists are conducting client appointments using secure video conferencing technology or over the telephone. Our psychotherapists and social workers are here to support you during this unpredictable and emotionally difficult time period. If you’re feeling nervous or uncertain, now might be a good time for us to talk. Please contact our receptionist for more information.
While our waiting room is closed, please talk with your therapist on how she or he wants you to come into the office for your appointments.
For new clients, we are accepting new appointments and we may be able to offer same day appointments with some of our experienced therapists. If you are experiencing stress, depression, or anxiety, do not hesitate to call and set up an appointment. We can be reached at 613- 287 3799 or by email at email@example.com.
Please read our COVID Policy in compliance with Ontario Ministry of Health
Please do not come for in person sessions if you or anyone in your family:
- Have you traveled outside of Canada in the last 14 days?
close physical contact means:
- Living in the same home while that person was not self-isolating and infectious
- Being less than 2 metres away in the same room or area from another person or unprotected contact for more than 15 minutes
- Have you been in close physical contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days? Yes/no
- In the last 14 days have you been in close physical contact with someone who returned from outside of Canada in the last 2 weeks with new COVID-19 symptoms (like a cough, fever, or difficulty breathing)? Yes/no
- Do you have any of the following symptoms? Choose any/all that are new, worsening, and not related to other known causes or conditions.
- Fever (temperature of 37.8 degrees or higher);
- New or worsening cough (Continuous, more than usual, not related to other known causes or conditions);
- Barking cough, making whistling noise when breathing (croup, not related to other known causes or conditions);
- Shortness of breath (unable to breathe deeply or feeling unable to catch one’s breath, not related to other known causes or conditions (for example, asthma);
- Sore throat (not related to seasonal allergies or other known conditions, for example, acid reflux);
- Trouble/Difficulty swallowing (painful swallowing, not related to other known causes or conditions);
- Runny nose, or nasal congestion (not related to other known causes or conditions (for example seasonal allergies, being outside in cold weather);
- Headache that’s unusual or long lasting (not related to other known causes or conditions (for example, tension-type headache, chronic migraines);
- Decrease or loss of taste or smell (not related to other known causes or conditions, (for example, allergies, neurological disorders);
- Digestive issues like nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, stomach pain (not related to other known causes or conditions (for example, irritable bowel syndrome, anxiety in children, menstrual cramps);
- Unexplained fatigue (lack of energy, not related to other known causes or conditions for example, depression, insomnia, thyroid dysfunction);
- Muscle aches that are unusual or long lasting (not related to other known causes or condition for example, a sudden injury, fibromyalgia);
- Pink eye (conjunctivitis, not related to other known causes or conditions (for example, reoccurring styes);
- Falling down often;
- Sluggishness or lack of appetite (note these symptoms may be more relevant to infants and young children);
- Unexplained Rashes;
If you answer YES to any of these questions please DO NOT come for in person session and contact your therapist to rearrange for an online psychotherapy appointment or to postpone your appointment.
This tool can be completed online. Click here.
Please complete this screening tool prior before attending your in person session.
Please sanitize your hands and wear a mask when you enter our building and office.
Your therapist will notify you if you are to wait in your car prior to your appointment. Please clarify this with your therapist prior to your appointment.
Updated Nov 5, 2020