Affordable Family Counselling Ottawa
With a wide array of therapy services, including family counselling, Family-Therapy helps families and step-families in Ottawa to achieve harmony and happiness in their homes. Whether it is teens, couples or individuals, our professional therapists will:
- Assess the situation
- Focus on improving communication and interactions between family members
- Help each person work through their problems and challenges
We believe that therapy is not just about treating mental health problems, but a healthy outlet to learn more about yourself and your experiences. Doing this can help manage tough situations better. This is especially critical when certain life events cause extreme stress, grief, depression or anxiety, diminishing the overall quality of life for you or your family.
Once you or your family considers seeking professional therapy, you will:
- Gain self-awareness and learn to be more self-loving
- Clearly identify and distinguish between the stressors and triggers
- Formulate practical action plans to navigate through difficult times
- Get treatment for emotional aches and pains
Who Do Our Family Counsellors & Therapists Work With?
The social workers, therapists, and counsellors at Family-Therapy deal with a wide range of age groups, offering many types of counselling, including teen therapy, couples and marriage counselling and individual therapy. Although the process of family counselling will not yield overnight results, our qualified therapists will help you minimize the stress and tension, when you are working through your problems and relationships. This will allow you and your family to function in a healthy manner while you handle your life experiences and tide over the challenging phase.
Family-Therapy works with all individuals who care for each other and consider themselves as ‘family’. This includes parents, children, grandparents, siblings, uncles, aunts, cousins, as well as friends or caregivers. Our goal is to help family members understand and support each other, especially in trying times associated with:
- Illness or mental health issues
- Substance abuse
- Relocation and resettling
- Loss of a loved one
- Problematic separation or divorce, including ugly custody battles
- Any other issues that are making individuals sad, angry, overwhelmed, or confused, or causing behaviours that impact or jeopardize their family relationships.
Take the first step by calling us today. Our dedicated psychotherapists in
Ottawa want to help.
Coming Through Difficult Times
Family-Therapy’s family counselling services in Ottawa, Nepean and Kanata aim to help you and your families cope with a wide range of complex challenges. Seek timely help and resolve difficult situations by discussing them with a trained professional therapist. For more information about our services or to set up an appointment, please call or email us. Physicians, Pediatricians, other therapists, and family doctors can fax us at 1-613-777-4975.