Do you think you may have depression?
Do you experience any of the following symptoms:
- Crying or unable to cry at all
- Loss of interests in previously enjoyable activities
- Lack of energy
- Difficulty sleeping or staying asleep
- Lack of appetite
- Losing or gaining weight without trying
- Trouble concentrating
- Feeling you’re being punished
- Restlessness or irritability
- Feelings of hopelessness and never-ending sadness
- Difficulty making simple decisions
An Ottawa Depression Therapist Can Help
Depression isn’t a passing mood swing or a sign of personal weakness. It’s a serious medical condition, which can impact you in many different ways and interfere with your daily life. Anxiety and depression are two of Ottawa’s fastest growing mental health issues. It’s time to take action and seek assistance for yourself, your loved one, your child or your teen.
It can be difficult at times to know if you or someone you love is depressed. You may have experienced other illnesses or symptoms before becoming depressed. Sometimes depression is caused by things like a serious relationship failure or break up, not know where you are going in life (lack of direction). Or you may not realize you’re depressed but are experiencing physical symptoms of depression. Are you or someone you love often angry, cross, grumpy, silent, withdrawn all the time, or just not their usual self? It can be hard to tell you if might be depressed.
Take the first step by calling us today. Our dedicated therapists in
Ottawa want to help.