Sexual orientation and gender issues can affect individuals or couples, their children, parents and friends.
- Concerned or have questions about your own sexual orientation?
- Questioning your own sexuality and not sure where to begin?
- Looking to come out as a LGBT individual or couple?
- Looking for a safe, professional and friendly environment to speak with a therapist?
- Trouble in your relationship as a same sex couple?
- Going through a transition and would like support during this time?
- Experiencing denial, rejection or judgement from family, friends or peers at school or work?
- Unable to connect with, understand or communicate effectively with your LGBT child?
Are you weighed down by any of the following struggles?
- Confusion or mixed feelings
- Guilt or shame
- Worry, anxiety, depression and fears
- Unsure how to respond to questions
- Who you want to come out to and why
- Sense of letting others down
- Low self-esteem
- Sense of isolation or not having anyone to confide in
Be Understood and Empowered
Family-Therapy in Kanata offers counselling and therapy by professional and caring therapists who have experience working with a wide variety of LGBT issues and concerns. Counselling at Family-Therapy can help address your personal issues and concerns in a safe, understanding, and professional environment. They can help you explore your sexual identity and help you to feel empowered to embrace your unique identity or that of your love one. Call us today for an appointment and begin the process of freeing yourself of the constraints surrounding your particular issue. Take the first step by calling us today to book or inquire about our services and therapists.