- Have you lost a loved one or a family member?
- Have you experienced child birth loss or miscarriage?
- Have you experienced an abortion?
- Do you or others feel you’ve been unable to move on with your life?
- Do you experience a feeling of being overwhelmed?
- Do you avoid thinking or talking about your loss because it’s so painful?
- Do you escape the pain of loss through avoidance?
- Have you experienced a job loss?
- Do you have a sense that your grief is just getting worse?
Grief Counselling Services In Ottawa
At Family-Therapy in Ottawa, our grief counselling services are designed to help you cope with intense grief and mourning following the death of a loved one, or any other major life event which has impacted your ability to cope effectively with everyday life. No matter what has triggered your grief, our qualified therapists and counsellors are here to provide a safe space to work through the emotional response you are experiencing. There is no right or wrong way to cope with trauma or loss, which is why grief counselling can play such an important role in this difficult time for you. Everyone experiences and expresses grief in their own personal way. Your expression of grief is shaped by how your family or culture honours loss. Therapy can assist you in adjusting to life after a loss or tragedy. Together we can explore how to adjust to the variety of changes that can occur within yourself after a loss or trauma.
Support Through Difficult Times
Experiencing trauma or loss can cause a great amount of pain for anyone, and people can develop different coping mechanisms to handle the overwhelming feeling of grief. If you can relate to any of the feelings or experiences posted above, such as feeling unable to move forward with your life, grief counselling may be a good choice for you. Death, loss and trauma can take time to get over, but time alone may not be enough. Our therapists at at Family-Therapy aim to support and assist throughout even the most difficult of times, and hope to help you explore and adjust to the changes in your life related to your loss or trauma.